Sunday, August 16, 2009

Breakfast in a Muffin

0 Comments

A friend was telling me about a recipe she made in a muffin tin with bread and eggs and mushrooms. My excitement stopped with "mushrooms"--not my thing.

So, I was thinking about it for a while and decided to make my version the same thing, but make it into a breakfast muffin.

Pamm's Breakfast in a Muffin

1 pound sausage roll
1 dozen eggs
2 cups milk
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
2 Tbs. onion flakes
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 loaf baguette bread
2 cups shredded cheese

Brown and crumble sausage in skillet. Drain and set aside.

Meanwhile, beat eggs in large bowl. add milk, mustard, and spices and stir well. Cut bread into 1/2 to 1 inch cubes and add to egg mixture. Fold in cheese and sausage. Cover and put in refrigerator over night.


The next morning, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. I used my ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups. I was able to get 18 muffins and a very small casserole out of my mixture. If I would have had 24 muffin cups, I think that would have been perfect.

Bake for 30 minutes. Cool. Remove from muffin tins. I packaged in meal-sized Ziploc baggies and put in my freezer. I ate one, too. They are very delicious. I hope the toddlers think so--I'll know tomorrow :).


Bookmark and Share
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...