Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bread Machine Banana Bread

0 Comments

There's a new addition to my kitchen.......a bread machine!!!
Hubby got it for me at a local thrift store for just $12. It is well taken care of and works great! It came with a small recipe book, but no manual. I've found this page from Hillbilly Housewife very helpful.

So, I couldn't wait to make my first loaf of bread. I don't keep yeast on-hand, so I chose a quick bread to begin. Remember, I keep bananas in my freezer? I figured Banana Bread would be a good start.

I searched online and found this Banana Bread for a Bread Machine recipe. I followed the recipe; put everything in the machine, then turned on the "Dough" setting, just as it said. After that cycle, I was going to set it to the "Bake" setting, but then noticed the "Quick Bread" setting. I knew I was making a quick bread, so I chose that.

I didn't realize that it was going to mix again. Not knowing what to do, I didn't do anything, so it mixed some more, then baked. Enduring the wonderful aroma made my tummy rumble! It was so hard to wait.

I removed the bread pan at the tone and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then removed it from the pan. I then sliced it. It seemed a little over-done.

It tasted good, not great. I could tell it was over-mixed and the crust was well done, not burned. The toddlers love it. I had a few slices over that I put in the freezer for another day.


Knowing my mistakes, I can't wait to try something else. I'm glad to have more options for toddler meals and snacks.





Bread Machine on FoodistaBread Machine


Share/Save/Bookmark
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...