Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pork Chops for the Slow Cooker

0 Comments

I found a couple of packages of pork chops in the the clearance bin.  I looked for a different way to prepare them and came across this recipe for Pork Chops for the Slow Cooker.  Since I'm the only one who will be eating pork chops, I set it up in individual portions.


6 boneless pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 cloves garlic, crushed (I used 2 teaspoons minced garlic)
salt and pepper to taste


I cut the fat off and bones out of the pork chops (they were on clearance, so some of them had bones in them).  I ended up cutting the pork into bite-sized pieces, but you could leave them whole.


I mixed all the ingredients up and divided them evenly into meal-sized portions and put it into the freezer.

On the day before I wanted it for dinner, I put it in the fridge overnight to defrost.  At lunchtime the next day, I put the entire contents of the baggie into the crock pot on high for one hour, then low for the rest of the afternoon.  By dinnertime, the chops are cooked through.

They are full of flavor and tender.  It's a recipe I will add to my regular rotation of meals.

Pamm

Share/Save/Bookmark

Subscribe to Leftovers On Purpose by Email

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...